Juvederm® consists of hyaronic acid a naturally occurring chemical we already have in our skin. It is commonly injected under wrinkles, lines and scars. Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC is injected in the office in a procedure that takes only a few minutes to complete. The facial filler is placed directly under the skin using fine needles and gentle pressure. Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC can be injected at the same time that BOTOX® is injected, which will increase the duration of improvement in some areas. Juvéderm facial fillers are a safe and natural cosmetic dermal gel that can be injected beneath a wrinkle or crease to camouflage its appearance. Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC is non-animal based, virtually eliminating any risk of allergic reaction. Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC now contains a local anesthetic, making the procedure more comfortable.
Number of Treatments
Every 6-12 months
Lips, cheeks, and wrinkles of your forehead
Mild pinkness for 1 hour
Temporary and mild in intensity swelling, tenderness, redness and bruising. Strenuous exercise, alcoholic beverages and extended exposure to heat and sun should be avoided for 24 hours following your injection.
3 Days prior to your treatment you should avoid all products containing aspirin, non-steroidal inflammatory medications (motrin, advil, aleve and ibuprofen) and alcohol as these products may increase bleeding and bruising. If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores please inform our staff prior to your treatment. We may consider prescribing a medication to minimize recurrence.
Day of treatment please avoid caffeine
The most common side effects are temporary and mild in intensity and may include swelling, tenderness, redness and bruising.
Ice may be applied to the treated area to soothe and reduce swelling.
Strenuous exercise, consumption of alcoholic beverages and extended exposure to heat or sun should be avoided for at least 24 hours following the injection.
As we age, our cheeks tend to drop, creating deeper grooves between the nose and mouth and at the corners of the mouth. We call these nasolabial folds, oral commissure grooves, and marionette lines. Fillers such as Juvederm® can be placed under the skin surface to soften these grooves and decrease the shadowing, producing a natural rejuvenated appearance.
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC can also be injected directly into the lips in order to create slightly fuller, more natural and youthful looking lips as well as in the vertical lines that appear above the lips.
Dr. Stephen Nogan has been injecting Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC for many years. Our Nurse Injectors graduated from Columbus Facial Plastics at Sullivan Centre comprehensive Wrinkle Filler training program; their expertise and professionalism combined with their caring nature makes our team one of the best in the country.
- One week prior, avoid all products containing aspirin, non-steroidal inflammatory medications (Motrin, Advil, Aleve and Ibuprofen) and high doses of Vitamin C and E, as these products may increase your risk of bruising.
- Juvedérm® Ultra Plus XC results are expected to last between 4-6 months. Evidence has shown that having a touch up treatment before the product is fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect. The amount of improvement is always dictated by the amount of filler which is injected
- The most common side effects are temporary and mild in intensity and may include swelling, tenderness, redness and bruising. You may use an ice pack for a few hours following your injection to alleviate any swelling/discomfort. Use caution and place a thin piece of fabric between the ice pack and your skin.
- Strenuous exercise, alcoholic beverages and extended exposure to heat and sun should be avoided for 24 hours following your injection.
- Please alert your injector if you have previously suffered from cold sores so that medication can be prescribed to minimize reoccurrence.
- Please make sure you eat before your scheduled appointment. We do not want you to become light-headed with the procedure. Excessive amounts of caffeine may heighten your sensitivity to the injection.
Results are instant but you may experience some swelling.
Please call our office at 614-436-8888 and our reception staff will be happy to assist you with scheduling. Our Nurse Injectors are available to perform injections Monday through Friday.
What can I expect after the procedure?
Patients can usually expect some minor swelling and redness in the area that lasts for one to two hours. Cool compresses are immediately applied in the office before you are discharged, and we encourage you to continue using compresses intermittently for a few hours. It’s rare for patients to experience pain in the area, and bruising is usually minimal. You can apply makeup the same day as the injection. There are no activity restrictions after having your procedure.
On average, results with Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC will last around six months. It’s possible, however, that your results can last up to twelve months. An individual may need two to three injections per year. Evidence has shown that having a touch-up treatment before the product is fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect.